Project Name : Waugh Drive/Commonwealth Street Pedestrian & Bicycle Improvements
The project is located in the Montrose area, within the limits of the TIRZ 27/Montrose Redevelopment Authority boundary. The project length is just over 2-miles long. The roadway corridor limits included:
- Waugh Drive: from Westheimer Road to West Dallas Street
- Commonwealth Street: from Yoakum Blvd to Haddon Street
- Yoakum Blvd: from W Alabama Street to Westheimer Road
The purpose of this project was to improve bicycle safety and mobility, sidewalks, and pedestrian safety throughout the project corridor with special attention to intersections.
- Improve Bicycle Safety & Mobility: Mill and overlay existing deteriorated asphalt pavement and re-stripe/reduce the roadway lanes to 10-FT to accommodate wider and safer bike lanes along the project corridor.
- Improve Pedestrian Facilities: Incorporating continuous, uninterrupted, and wider sidewalks with City compliant curb ramps along the project corridors to promote a pedestrian-friendly environment.
Location: Houston, TX
Client: TIRZ 27/Montrose Redevelopment Authority
Services Provided: Planning, Preliminary Engineering, Detail Design and Construction Oversight.
Status: Construction in Progress
Construction Cost: $2.9 M